Janette's Oatmeal Cookies

Every year at Christmas when we have our cookie exchange, my sister Janette makes oatmeal cookies. And every year my husband HIDES our share so that he can eat all 12 cookies!

So this year for Valentine's Day, I asked Janette for the recipe so that I can make them for my DH! And maybe the rest of the family will get to taste them.

Enjoy!


COCONUT-OATMEAL COOKIES:

(Mix in order given)
1 c. margarine, room temp.
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 c coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 c flour (yes, only one cup - that is one of the funky things with this recipe)
4 c oatmeal.

Mix well. Refrigerate dough for about 4 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Press down with a fork (like you do with peanutbutter) and bake until golden brown.

No Comment so far

Post a Comment