Deb Mullins's Ginger Snaps

My friend Deb Mullins writes wonderful historical romances for Avon. So she is part of the Avon Ladies Recipe Ring.

Here's a little story about her recipe...

"If you want to start at the beginning of the ring, please click here.
When I was a kid, we used to go sledding during the holiday vacation at the hill up the street from our house. I would come home hours later, wet and cold, dragging my sled behind me, then shed my layers of clothing in the warmth of a kitchen smelling of my mom’s baking. I dropped soaking wet mittens into the drain board, peeled off coat and snow pants and extra pair of jeans, then pried my feet out of boots caked with snow. (I remember we used to wear two pairs of socks and plastic bags over them in a vain effort to keep our feet from getting wet, but snow always got in our boots!) And when I was finally partially defrosted and down to one layer of clothing, I would sit down at the kitchen table and get warm again with a mug of hot cocoa and my mother’s gingersnap cookies.

To this day, those tastes mean the holidays to me. Below is the recipe for Mom’s gingersnap cookies. Pair with hot cocoa and enjoy!

For Deb's Ginger Snap recipe...Click here...

http://www.debramullins.com/avon_ladies_rr.html

If you want to see ALL the recipes from the ring...Click here...

http://www.avonauthors.com/FunStuff.html


susan

No Comment so far

Post a Comment